- Activation Lock is a new security feature on iOS7 which locks your Apple device to your iCloud account.
- We cannot accept any devices that are Activation Locked and we require you to remove your iCloud account from your device before sending it to us.
How do I remove my iCloud account?
- Removing your iCloud account from your device is easy and can either be done via the device itself or via icloud.com.
- Please follow either Option 1 or Option 2 instructions below. Option 2 is recommended if your device is faulty.
Removing iCloud account via your device »
Removing iCloud account via icloud.com »
- Activation Lock is only applicable to devices that are running iOS7
- If your device is running an earlier version of iOS (iOS6 or below), removing your iCloud account from your device is not compulsory. To find out which iOS version your device is running, please go to Settings » General » About » Version.
Remove iCloud account - device
- Turn device ON
- Select Settings
- Select iCloud
- Press Delete Account
- Enter Apple ID password when asked
- Select Turn Off
The above process must be done before wiping or restoring the device.
Remove iCloud account - icloud.com
- Device must be switched OFF*
- Log into icloud.com
- Select Find My iPhone
- Select device from All Devices menu
- Device should appear as Offline
- Select Remove from Account
- Select Remove on confirmation
*Device must be switched off and appear as 'Offline', otherwise 'Remove from Account' option will not appear.