- Activation Lock is a security feature on iOS7 and iOS8 which locks your Apple device to your iCloud account.
- We cannot accept any devices that are Activation Locked and we require you to remove your iCloud account from your device before sending it to us.
How do I remove my iCloud account?
- Removing your iCloud account from your device is easy and can either be done via the device itself or via icloud.com.
- Please follow either Option 1 or Option 2 instructions below. Option 2 is recommended if your device is faulty.
Option 1 (WiFi connection required)
Removing iCloud account via your device »
Removing iCloud account via icloud.com »
- Activation Lock is only applicable to devices that are running iOS7 or iOS8
- If your device is running an earlier version of iOS (iOS6 or below), removing your iCloud account from your device is not compulsory. To find out which iOS version your device is running, please go to Settings » General » About » Version.
Remove iCloud account - device
This will also data wipe your device
- Turn device ON
- Select Settings
- Select General
- Select Reset
- Select Erase All Content and Settings
- Enter Passcode if prompted
- Press Erase iPhone
- Press Erase iPhone again
- Press Apple ID password when prompted
- Press Erase
Device will switch off and restart. This may take several minutes. Please do not switch device off during reset.
Remove iCloud account - icloud.com
- Device must be switched OFF*
- Log into icloud.com
- Select Find My iPhone
- Select device from All Devices menu
- Device should appear as Offline
- Select Remove from Account
- Select Remove on confirmation
*Device must be switched off and appear as 'Offline', otherwise 'Remove from Account' option will not appear.